The ultimate everday notebook
MacBook Air now feature the latest generation of Intel processors, the Core i5 and i7. With speeds up to 1.8GHz and faster memory, the new MacBook Air gains up to 2.5x the processing performance over the previous generation.1MacBook Air also features the Intel HD Graphics 3000 processor, which includes an on-chip engine for video encoding and decoding. That means you experience video playback and FaceTime calls that are smoother, more responsive and more true to life.2
- Latest generation Intel Processors
- High speed Thunder Bolt I/O
- Backlit keyboard
- Flash based storage, no moving parts.
- Thin and light design.
- Multi-Touch trackpad
- Testing conducted by Apple in July 2011 using preproduction 1.8GHz dual-core Intel Core i7–based 13-inch and 11-inch MacBook Air units. 2.13GHz Intel Core 2 Duo-based 13-inch MacBook Air systems and 1.6GHz Intel Core 2 Duo-based 11-inch MacBook Air systems were production units. All systems were configured with 4GB of RAM. MacBook Air continuously monitors system thermal and power conditions, and may adjust processor speed as needed to maintain optimal system operation.
- Requires a FaceTime-enabled iOS device with a Wi-Fi connection or a FaceTime-enabled Mac with an Internet connection and FaceTime for Mac software (may require separate purchase). Not available in all areas.